- 8 cups fresh blueberries
- 6 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 pouches (3 ounces each) liquid fruit pectin
- Place blueberries in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Transfer to a stockpot. Stir in the sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon, lemon peel and nutmeg. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in pectin. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into hot sterilized half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. head space. Remove air bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 10 minutes in a boiling-water caner. Yield: 9 half-pints.