Follow by Email

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Tater Tot Casserole

You feel that bite in the air? Yup, winter is on it's way and it is coming fast! But that's fine with me. Why? Because with cold weather comes comfort food. At least it does in our house. I think this recipe definitely falls into the category of comfort food. It was found on page 116 of  the "Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook: Feasting with your Slow Cooker" By Dawn J. Ranck and Phyllis Pellman Good.

Did I mention that it's super simple as well? The hardest part is browning the beef.

Here's what goes in it...

one 32 ounce bag of frozen tater tots
1 pound ground beef, browned
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
two 14.5 ounce cans of green beans, drained
one 10.75 ounce can cream of mushroom soup (I don't like mushrooms, so I used cream of chicken)
1 tablespoons dried onions
1/4 cup milk







Now, here's what you do...


Line your slower cooker with the frozen tater tots. (I wasn't sure what they meant so I did my own way and it works...)




(it's kinda like a pie crust)

Combine the remaining ingredients in a large bowl.






Pour into your potato "crust".




Cover and cook on high for about 3 hours.




It looks almost exactly the way it did when you put it in initially, but it is done...




Serve and enjoy!




The recipe does say that you can add shredded cheese when serving. Either way it's good.




I do have to admit that when I looked at this recipe I turned my nose up a little, but I decided to give it a chance. I'm glad I did, because it was yummy. So good for a cool fall evening and I'm sure it will make another appearance this winter. Super easy! You can put it on as soon as you get home from work and by the time you are ready to eat, it's ready.

Enjoy!

~Carson~

No comments:

Post a Comment