Follow by Email

Friday, September 30, 2011

Ozark Sloppy Joes

I would have never thought that making Sloppy Joes from scratch could be so easy! We found this recipe in "The Taste of Home Cookbook, 3rd Edition: Best Loved Classics and All-New Favorites" on page A14.


Here's what is in it:


1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
1 medium green pepper, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
2 teaspoons sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
8 hamburger buns


(*note that all the seasonings are already mixed together...)




Here's what you do:


In a large skillet, cook the beef, green peppers and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain.







Stir in the sugar, flour, seasonings, tomato sauce and Worcestershire sauce.








Cover and simmer for about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.







Spoon onto your buns.







Enjoy :)







This was a really easy recipe, but it wasn't that great... I was very bland! If I were to ever make this again, I would double or even triple the seasonings that go into it. As far as ease, it's very easy. A 1 on our scale.

I would give it a try, but like I said, add more seasonings! It's hard to believe this recipe was used for a product that was served to people. I know I would be very disappointed if I paid for these. Bland...

(we had to add BBQ sauce to add flavor...)


~Carson~

No comments:

Post a Comment