Follow by Email

Monday, August 8, 2011

Zucchini Stuffed Chicken

I know it's been a while, but we have been so busy these past few weeks. All kinds of crops came into season, so we have been busy canning and freezing summer's bounty so it will be a winter treat! I'm gonna continue the zucchini kick I've been on with this yummy recipe, it can be found on page 180 of the "Taste of Home Cookbook, All new edition".


Ingredients.
1 medium onion chopped.
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups diced zucchini
1 cup diced bell peper
1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4 bone in chicken breast.




In a large oven proof skillet,( I used cast iron) saute onion in one table spoon of oil until crisp tender, about 3 minutes. Add Garlic and cook for one minute longer, add zucchini and pepper and cook until crisp tender, about 3 minutes.



Remove from heat, mix with cheese, basil, salt and pepper.



Carefully loosen the skin on one side of each chicken breast to form a pocket and stuff with vegetable mixture. (This was kinda hard, I messed the first chicken breast up by ripping the skin open. I would be extra careful.)


In oven safe skillet brown chicken skin side down in remaining oil.
 Turn chicken  over.
 Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes at 375 degrees.
 Doesn't that look delicious! It smells so good, and the flavors just burst in your mouth. I will be making this again soon! I will rate this a 6 on the skill scale. The stuffing of the chicken caused me some problems. Next time I will look for breast with a lot of skin covering most of the breast. I will also be a little more careful when making the pocket in the skin as so not to cause it to rip away. I hope you will all give this a try, and happy eating!

Until Next Time,
Jason :)

No comments:

Post a Comment