Follow by Email

Thursday, August 11, 2011

"Tommy Nordeng's Mac & Cheese" (AWFUL)

Ok so this was the first bad recipe we have came across. It looked and smelled good, but it tasted like yucky bread. I tried everything to make it taste better. Out of sheer desperation I even added ranch, because in the south ranch makes everything better, but even ranch couldn't save this nasty mess! This recipe comes from "The Ex-boyfriend Cook Book" It is written by Erin Ergenbright & Thisbe Nissen. The book itself is quite hilarous, it is a collection of a recipe that a ex in thier life taught them and the crazy stories about their exes. I chose this recipe because Carson loves a good Mac & Cheese, but even he didn't dig this disastrous one. If you want to try the recipe it can be found on pg 152. I wish I could post the story on here that inspired this recipe, but do to copyright laws I can only do a brief quote. "Tommy turned and suddenly faced me and stuck his tongue into my mouth, I gagged and started coughing uncontrollably." I guess she tasted this mac and cheese on his breath!

Ingredients

2 cups elbow macaroni
2 slices of whole wheat bread
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons flour
1 cup milk
1 cup vegetable broth
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese





Cook the Macaroni.



Finely grind the bread in a food processor.
Melt the butter in a sauce pan, set half of melted butter aside for bread crumbs. Add the flour to the remaining butter and mix well.
Mix in milk and veggie broth and whisk, add cheese and whisk until cheese is melted.
Poor cooked Macaroni into a baking dish, cover with cheese mixture.
Mix bread crumbs with melted butter that you set aside.

Cover Mac with bread crumbs and broil in oven for 4 mins.

If you want mac and cheese, don't try this one, just go buy a box of kraft, or you can wait until I try the one I found in Paula Deen's cookbook!

Happy Eating! 
Jason =)

No comments:

Post a Comment